Hydrogen Water: A Potential Treatment for Inflammation
Hydrogen water reduce inflammation. First, it can help to scavenge free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage cells and tissues. Second, hydrogen water can help to inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are proteins that promote inflammation. Third, hydrogen water can help to activate anti-inflammatory pathways.
What is Inflammation?
Hydrogen-rich water is a type of water that has been enriched with molecular hydrogen (H2). Hydrogen is a very small molecule that can easily penetrate cells and tissues. It has been shown to have a number of health benefits, including the ability to reduce inflammation.
There have been a number of studies that have shown the potential of hydrogen-rich water to reduce inflammation. For example, one study found that drinking hydrogen-rich water for 4 weeks reduced inflammatory markers in healthy adults. Another study found that hydrogen-rich water reduced inflammation in mice with arthritis.The results of these studies suggest that hydrogen-rich water may have potential as a treatment for inflammatory conditions. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings and to determine the optimal dosage and duration of treatment.
If you are considering using hydrogen-rich water to reduce inflammation, talk to your doctor first. Hydrogen-rich water is not a cure-all and should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment.
Here are some of the potential benefits of hydrogen-rich water for reducing inflammation:
- Reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines
- Increases the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines
- Scavenges free radicals
- Protects against cell damage
Here are some sources that you can refer to:
- Hydrogen-rich water reduces inflammatory responses and prevents apoptosis of peripheral blood cells in healthy adults: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-68930-2
- Nano-bubble hydrogen water: An effective therapeutic agent against inflammation related disease caused by viral infection in zebrafish model: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1995820X22000232
- Hydrogen Water for Health: A Review of the Literature: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6880078